A 2006 study by Accenture demonstrated that nonprofits must seize opportunities to embrace basic business practices and tools that can help them use their funds effectively, ensure sustainability and make a bigger community impact. In 2010, this is proving to be more relevant than ever with what is being classified as the nation’s worst economic downturn since the Depression Era.
OneOC is uniquely positioned to help Orange County’s crucial nonprofit organizations find solutions – to enhance their knowledge and skill set by creating quality, affordable educational experiences with a focus on board development, volunteer management, fundraising and nonprofit administration. Our comprehensive training curriculum and customized consulting engagements help nonprofits implement best practices to achieve their mission more efficiently and effectively.
Last Year, OneOC provided 145 training and leadership forums for 1,924 nonprofit boards, executives, staff, and volunteers to accelerate nonprofit success. Topics included: Board Development, Fundraising and Development, Leadership Development, New and Emerging Nonprofits, Technology Trainings, and Volunteer Management to name a few. In our 2009 Training survey ALL programs were rated Above Average or Excellent.
OneOC also provided both short and long term consultation to 60 local nonprofit organizations helping them achieve greater mission impact success.
In response to the economic crisis, in 2009, we provided numerous scholarships and significantly reduced the fees of many of our training programs to allow more organizations to take advantage of our curriculum – increasing both our mission impact and theirs. In this year – and next – we would like to continue this trend by creating a more expansive scholarship fund.
In response to increasing demand, we are adding trainings and seminars, and at the same time, decreasing the costs for trainings – our nonprofit partners just can’t afford these “luxuries”. We couldn’t increase services and decrease fees without support from community partners. Your support will allow us to work with the thousands of Orange County nonprofits to assure essential services are made available to all of our community. Your contribution could be used in the following ways:
- $1,000 donation provides 20 scholarships for ONEOC trainings.
- $2,500 donation facilitates a nonprofit board retreat for a community organization
- $5,000 donation provides a nonprofit with a board and/or organizational assessment and ensuring goal action planning.
- $10,000 donation provides a nonprofit with a strategic planning consulting engagement
All sponsorship levels above will receive:
- Logo and web link on program announcements sent to over 2,900 nonprofit leaders a week
- Logo and web link connected to monthly online newsletter sent to over 2,900 once a month
- Listed in program for Breakfast of Champions and provided recognition at OneOC’s signature Training events
- Logo on all nonprofit resources pages of the website:www.oneoc.org
Additional benefits are available for gifts $10,000 and above.