This is a free annual membership offered to nonprofit organizations and individuals, with the following benefits:
More than 98,000 community members have visited www.OneOC.org in search of nonprofit volunteer opportunities.
- List and manage your nonprofit’s volunteer opportunities in the “Volunteer” section of OneOC’s website. Your nonprofit will be trained, for free, on how to use the HandsOn Connect Volunteer Management online platform and will be given access to the online portal to post and manage volunteer opportunities
- Be included in OneOC’s annual Holiday Directory that lists volunteer opportunities and nonprofit wish lists during the holidays. The Holiday Directory is promoted on OneOC’s website and distributed various times during the holiday season to thousands of community members and nonprofit contacts.
Access to Nonprofit Resources
- OneOC’s Resource Library is open Monday through Friday between 10AM and 3:00PM. Welcome Center Representatives are available to answer questions and assist as needed.
Foundation Directory Online
- OneOC’s computer workstations are available for grant research, utilizing Foundation Directory Online, a searchable database providing the most current, accurate, and comprehensive information available on U.S. grantmakers and their grants, drawn from reliable sources, including IRS Form 990s, grantmaker websites and annual reports, and the grantmakers themselves.
- Free classes are offered, providing an overview of how to navigate within the online directory.
- Online FDO tutorials and guided tours are available from OneOC’s Resource Library workstations.
Reference Library (not a lending library)
- The reference library, located at OneOC’s Welcome Center, provides literature in the following topics: Leadership, Strategic Planning, Marketing, Volunteer Management, Community Building, Board Development and recommended fundraising literature by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) & Certified Fund Raising Executives (CFRE).
- Periodicals include current editions of the Orange County Business Journal, The Nonprofit Times, The Chronicle of Philanthropy, Harvard Business Review, The Nonprofit Quarterly, The Stanford Social Innovation Review, and the Orange County Business Journal’s Book of Lists.