As the week goes by, the impact you had last Saturday is becoming more and more clear. Not only did you and your employees help transform the Oak View neighborhood, but you demonstrated what can be accomplished when our corporate and nonprofit sectors work together. You demonstrated what a true collaboration looks like, and people are taking notice! We are pleased with the coverage this event has gotten, and appreciative that your efforts are inspiring other communities to invest in corporate volunteerism and nonprofit partnerships. A special thanks to the CVCOC members of the PR Task Team, Diane Killeen, Amanda Fowler, Sarah Middleton & Jessica Barbier, for working hard to enable us to share this story and the impact your companies made together.
Please see below to check out what is being said about this project and CVCOC!
Impact Video: A fantastic video highlighting the project and the involvement of the CVCOC members. Please watch and feel free to share with your employees who made the day such a success. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em9n5NlTXvs
Press: We’ve received some great coverage of the event from community, county-wide and, even, national media outlets!
- Orange County Register Online Article with Picture Slideshow: http://m.ocregister.com/news/community-497082-oak-view.html
- Orange County Register Feb. 24th Printed Article: http://training.oneoc.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/OCR_OakView_2.24.pdf
- Huntington Beach News Feb. 28th Article: http://www.hbnews.us/communit.html
- Huntington Beach Wave Feb. 28th Article: http://epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWHBWaveNorth/LandingPage/LandingPage.aspx?href=T0NXSEJXYXZlTm9ydGgvMjAxMy8wMi8yOA..&pageno=Ng..&entity=QXIwMDYwMw..&view=ZW50aXR5
- Huntington Beach Independent Feb. 28th Article: http://www.hbindependent.com/news/tn-hbi-0228-oak-view-improvement-20130227,0,3874706.story
- The Herald Online (Serving York, Chester & Lancaster counties in Pennsylvania): http://www.heraldonline.com/2013/02/23/4641667/500-community-and-company-volunteers.html
- Points of Light Feb. 28th Blog Posting: http://www.pointsoflight.org/blog/2013/02/28/power-collaborative-volunteering-oneoc-cvcoc-oak-view-project?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Photos: Photos of the event can be seen and downloaded (for free!) here: http://oneoc.smugmug.com/Category/CVCOC-Oakview-Project/
- OneOC Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OneOC.org
- OneOC Twitter: https://twitter.com/OneOC
- CVCOC Hashtag for Tweets: #CVCOC2013 https://twitter.com/search?q=%23CVCOC2013&src=typd
One more reminder – if you haven’t, please fill out our Satisfaction Survey and let us know what you thought of this project. As we look to next year, we are excited to learn how we can make combined corporate volunteer projects even better! You can take the survey by clicking here: http://www.formstack.com/forms/?1408539-2omlbgcRne
CVCOC and your employees make a difference. OneOC is proud to be your partner. Thank you for being a leader in mobilizing volunteers to respond to our community’s pressing needs and building a stronger, more vibrant Orange County for all.