39th Annual Spirit of Volunteerism Awards Luncheon
Tuesday, April 14, 2015 from 11am – 1:30pm
Volunteer Honoree Nomination Period is Now Closed!
- Why nominate a volunteer?
- What are the benefits of nominating and honoring volunteers:
- What is the nomination process?
Why nominate a volunteer?
It’s difficult to overstate the importance of volunteers in Orange County. Each and every one gives their heart and their time to improving the lives of others. And, at a time when nonprofits are being asked to do more with less and to provide services to an ever-growing number of our community members, we need our volunteers more than ever.
In the last year alone, OneOC connected 36,620 individual, family and corporate volunteers with local nonprofits. The 1,101,244 hours served equates to $27 million in social value to our communities. That’s a lot of giving back… and it deserves a lot of thanks!
What are the benefits to nominating and honoring volunteers?
For nonprofits: All nonprofits want and need to be good stewards of their volunteers, yet many do not have the resources to thank their volunteers the way that they would like. The Spirit of Volunteerism Awards Luncheon provides a wonderful opportunity for them to do so in a grand and public fashion.
For businesses: So many of our local businesses value giving back to the community and encourage their employees to volunteer. The Spirit of Volunteerism Awards Luncheon provides businesses an opportunity to publicly recognize the service of their employees in a venue where they can be celebrated not only by their colleagues, but by the nonprofits they work with.
For the honoree: But most importantly, nominating a volunteer provides him or her with a great big “thank you!” we want to last throughout the year. Here’s what each honoree receives:
– Public recognition with name printed in an OC Register special edition insert
Click here to see the 2014 OC Register insert
– An invitation to the Spirit of Volunteerism Awards Luncheon
– A picture of each honoree published in the Spirit of Volunteerism Program (distributed to over 1000 people)
Click here to see an example of the honoree program pages.
– At the Luncheon, each honoree picture shown and name read aloud in a PowerPoint roll-call.
Click here to see an example PowerPoint slide.
– An individual recognition web-page where notes of congratulations and thanks can be posted to each honoree.
Click here to see an example web-page.
– A special moniker to be added to email signatures denoting award reception.
– A Social Media toolkit for nonprofits & businesses to use to pay special tribute to their honorees.
– A Resume Builder Toolkit for honoree which includes ways to showcase award for personal and career development.
– Honorees attending the Luncheon receive a certificate, commemorative pin and chance to win a raffle prize (in 2014, it was a Disneyland Resort Weekend Package!) Click here to see an example of the certificate or here to see an example of the pin.
The nomination process is easy. It is non-competitive, which means every nomination results in a volunteer honoree.
It is our hope that you and your honoree (and any additional guests you desire) will be able to attend this wonderful luncheon. Luncheon tickets are $85 (nonprofit rate) and $150 (corporate rate). They may be purchased here starting January 20, 2015.
If it is not possible for you and/or your honoree to attend, please consider making a donation on behalf of your nominee to support the costs associated with the Honoree Benefits Package. You may do so by going to the “Purchase Luncheon Tickets” form and opting to “Make a donation.”