What they needed and what we did:
Make A Wish is planning significant growth in the number of wishes they grant children each year. For 2013, the plan is to increase from 311 to 335 wishes. It became clear to the board and new CEO, Stephanie McCormick, that the current structure of the Wish Team would not be able to effectively support the growth.
Susan Gerke, a OneOC expert consultant,worked with the Make A Wish CEO and the Wish Team to:
- Clarify the current Wish process
- Determine what aspects of the process work well
- Identify where in the process the Team gets stuck
- Weigh multiple options for restructuring and select “THE” key structure that would lead to the greatest success
- Create new job descriptions and define the skills necessary for the redefined jobs
Through this process, Wish Team members gained more insight into the overall Wish process and were able to collaborate to identify how to streamline their work. As they shared and explored options together, the Team enhanced their already positive teamwork. As a result of this work, the Wish team is poised to achieve the organization’s 2013 Wish granting goals.